In today’s world, if you close your eyes for too long, you will miss everything beautiful in the world today. Society as a whole is so obsessed with finding happiness in their jobs, gadgets, technology and other trivial things, that they lose themselves and their happiness in the process. Gain your freedom and start being happy, in body and soul, with these 10 soul boosting steps.
1) Don’t sweat the small stuff. If you continue to sweat the small stuff, it will build up to be a large problem for your body, mind and soul. Don’t let one little mishap or bump in the road slow you down. Keep it moving and you will notice the difference.
2) Nourish the body. Nourish the Soul. Eat healthier food, even if it’s just switching from soda to all natural juices and smoothies. When you eat healthier, you feel happier and when you feel happier your life improves in every aspect.
3) Forgive and Forget. Literally. Forgive those who have wronged you in the past and literally forget them. It is not wise to keep those around who have wronged you in the past because they will most likely do it again. Happy relationships equal happy life.
4) Find Your Soul Path, not a Career Path. Instead of going after a job or a career that you know will make you money and work you to the bone, find something that you feel is your calling in this life. If you feel you should be a yoga instructor instead of an accountant? Go for it! Find Your calling and you will wake up smiling every day.
5) KNOW you are unique and Love yourself. Every single human being has their own DNA makeup and that makes us all unique and beautiful in our own unique way. Remember this on a daily basis and you will love yourself, inside and out, and be happy with your life.
6) Slow Down and Look Around. This world is full of wondrous marvels and I think we have forgotten that. Stop looking at the world through the eyes of a camera and soak in the beauty that surrounds you. The sound of birds in the middle of winter. The color of the sky during sunset. Bask in the glow of this earth and you will feel revived.
7) Happy Night, Happy Life. Making sure you get enough shut-eye at night will make you a happier and healthier person, inside and out. Instead of forcing yourself to go to sleep, relax before bedtime, read a book (not a tablet book because the light from the reader actually created insomnia), and have a cup of decaf tea. You will fall asleep and wake up refreshed and happier.
8) Meditate Your Way to Happiness. Meditating every day for 15-30 minutes helps center your mind, body and soul, leading you on the path to Happiness. Instead of clearing your mind, let your mind wonder about the world, why you are here, and how we came to be, instead of thinking of nothing while you meditate. You want to expand your mind, not shut it down.
9) Keep your Body Happy. Exercising every day will help keep you happy and feeling light. Go for a hike through the woods or mountain bike your local trails. Get out of the gym and exercise in nature, breathing in the fresh air and energy that surrounds you. Good for the body and good foe the soul.
10) Choose to Be Happy. It is easy to choose to be sad, angry, or negative all the time but it is just as easy to choose to be happy. We all have a choice in this life to either be a negative or a positive person but only one choice will bring you to having a free and happy life.
<strong>”Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” ~ Lucille Ball